Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ms. Chan

I am "Ms. Chan".  It was extremely awkward at first introducing myself to these students as Ms. Chan...when I really don't look THAT much older than them.  A parent asked me a couple of weeks ago if I was an incoming Freshman for example.  Buuuurnnn.  Jk, I embrace it, because I know in 30 years i'll look stellar for my age.  Let us all be thankful for Asian genes.  lol :)  So Tuesday was the first day of school....and it's been really nice with the kids finally around!! I love observing them (hopefully in the least creepiest way possible) and I love interacting with them.  I am amazed with how bright and intelligent some of these kids are....while others have already given me a headache or two....haha but I still love them.  The freshman are rascals but adorable and so innocent.  The sophomore girls are eager to grow up so fast.  The juniors are...respectful.  And the seniors.....well they're "seeeeeee-nioooors".  I remember saying that all the time Senior year.  Oh how cool you always think you used to be.  I am stoked to be helping LYM (Lasalian Youth Ministry) as well and being in charge of planning all the dances for the year.  I already have an adorable bright small group of girls for my homecoming committee.  Working in LYM will be a great creative outlet for me, when things in CIP get caaa-raaaazy.

Last night, I was invited to such a fun event.  It was called "Music for Medicine", and it's an annual party thrown on behalf of the Children's Cancer Association.  I wish I took pictures.  $25, all you can eat and drink, silent auction, a band, dancing, a great ambiance and fun company!  I found the attire description very cute, "Attire: This will be a night to remember as you wear your favorite Cocktail Attire! Think your cousin’s wedding, but super chic or if you have a cute bridesmaid dress, this is the place to re-wear it. (slight change on attire J).  It's too bad I only have THREE dresses here...but I made it work.  My dress was pretty "chic wedding" I think.  Ha, but when I got there, there were a BUNCH of people dressed like they were going to the prom!!!  But  even if my prom dress from high school magically appeared in my closet, umm...I'd definitely veto wearing it.  All in all, it was a very fun evening.  Now....I am relishing in the fact that it is only Saturday night.  And that I'm going to watch The Lion King.  

Naaaaaaaa Saaaaaveniiiaaaa!! Did you know that it's actually spelled like this tho....Nants ingonyama bagithi baba.  Sithi uhhmm ingonyama.  

No comments:

Post a Comment