Sunday, September 25, 2011

An assortment of things

iiiiiiiiit's...about that time. Time for updates. Alright, there aren't MANY.  But I haven't blogged on a regular basis lately...and I also just wanted to share what I cooked for the first time last Thursday.  I have no pics to show the wonderful entrée....BUT, I cooked my mom's awesome salmon!!!! Um....I don't even cook chicken....so I was excited to have started with a fish.  And for dessert.....
Ohh yeeaaah.

So this wknd I got to have a beer at the Jeld Wen Field which was pretty awesome...thanks to my coool cousin Erica ;) 

I caught the bus downtown TWICE this wknd.  And I gotta say...LOTS of interesting people.  Like they say...."keep Portland weird"...and I had thought my entire life that IIIIIIII was weird.  I also noticed that on the bus....people have that airport terminal vibe about them....the "I don't want to be here so I"ll just look angry and stare awkwardly into space or at you" look.  I keep to myself...so maybe I look like that too.  But I doubt it cause I smile a lot.  So maybe I just look like a creeper....or a smilin' fool.  Swell.

Downtown

I definitely experienced "not being ready for Portland rain" as it POURED on me right as I got off the bus.  I know, what timing mother nature had there.  And correction, it poured after I decided to get a my delish pumpkin spice latte...that I was attempting to enjoy while I was running lost in the rain, latte spilling on my hand, and cute grayish purple urban flats getting soaked and DESTROYED.  Sad day, for 5 min.  Cause I love them shoes.  But needless to say the beautiful Pioneer Square shopping center came to my assistance.  I really don't NEED to be shopping...I mean....I'm a "broke-A volunteer".  But there it was....ok ok....and my entire point of heading into downtown today was to actually find an H&M, so I'm guilty!

So, let me show you how to be a broke fashion ICON. Jk jk, I meant...shopper.  Also, I just wanted to show my sistah some things I bought today.


I feel very "Portland" in this. This is a top I got from bamboo sky actually....that I LOVE. And it was probably one of the cheapest things in the store. I'm pretty good at finding cheap things at expensive boutiques.  It's possible people.  The flats for example...$59 at Banana Republic that I got on sale for like TWELVE bucks.
I LOVE this scarf as well, I wear it with SO many things....H&M baby. Sweatshirt from Forever, and bag is from GAP! 
A lot of people complimented my sweater.  They were def diggin the MJ shoulder tassels
Sooo, I love my bag from GAP because...it's rain resistant, SO light, and the army green and tan go well with mostly everything. 

A staple in my clothing...is at least one item from American Apparel. Here are my AA high wasted shorts I wear with everything.  I  can buy a top for a dollar...place it with these behbehs and I look like a million bucks...or more like $68 to be exact.  The top is from forever. And below is the headband I am wearing (the newest addition to my head wear...lovah it)

Forever 21

MY NEW BOOOOOTS. Along with the MJ sweater and cami shorts I've had for YEARS that I "accidently" stole from my sis YEARS ago, that I wore in college every day. Nothing fashionable to note here...except for my boots. AND the fact that comfort is great too.  Fashion is about comfort as well, and being comfortable in what you're wearing. It's funny... I'm pretty sure that's how I developed any "fashion sense" at all....was being comfortable, and people just LIKED it.

Everything H&M right hurrrr.

Taaaaadaaaa!! The end. 

3 comments:

  1. Lovin the outfits...and umm, obsessed with that MJ sweater, boots, and H&M outfit (esp the skirt)! super cute post, emmerson.

    ReplyDelete