Thursday, September 1, 2011

Biiiiiizzy beee

Holy sheez, is it September?? Ahhh it's been a HECTIC week.  However, the 7am to 6 somethin'pm hour days where every minute is GO!GO!GO! at work this week are starting to pay off....in that, I feel good in my heart type of way.  I love what I'm accomplishing so it feels good to just pour everything I have into the work I am doing!  It's an amazing and strange thing when 5pm just comes by SO fast!  Then I come home, eat dinner with my community, and rejoice at the sight of my room and bed....with my "Tattoos on the Heart" book patiently laying on my dresser waiting to be read.  Then it starts all ovaaaa.  Tonight was my night to cook dinner for the house...and if you know me....I don't cook.  I have about 3 dishes I can "master".  One of them being my Italian 3 course meal....carbonara, bruschetta and a spinach salad.  I'd say the carbonara is quite legit being that I learned it from my Italian sistah...she is seriously from Italy, and she taught me how to make 2 authentic pastas.  So, since I'll be cooking weekly...I figure at the end of this year I'll be a semi-master at cooking.  Scratch that, I WILL be a master.  We've got some mighty chefs in the house.  I'm totally up for being their apprentice.  And yes, I am 25.  But I am also a 25 year old who can EASILY live off eggs, granola and wine.  Can you see why I've never really had to use pots and pans and ovens much?  Sigh...I should watch Julia and Julia again to get inspired ;)

This wknd we are going to retreat to Seaside....where I will see the coast for the first time, and I absolutely cannot wait to see some ocean!!!!!!  It will be nice to relax, meditate and center myself after these last couple of hectic weeks and before the school year begins next week.

Peace be the journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment