Sunday, October 16, 2011

Breakfast at Celine's

This is why I love Portland...I can walk to Petite Provence in this beautiful 60 somethin' degree weather, order a delicious breakfast (and cookie- BEST cookies in town), walk over to the Barista, a little coffee shop that underwent a fire so is under construction, but in the mean time has this cute little stand outside in this lovely little quad area....order a coffee where they only accept cash to only find out that I have none, and be told that it's ok, I can get them back next time....while the people behind me are offering their dollar bills. I accepted the honor code of the Barista people, and next time I am going to tip them really well :) Then I enjoyably sit there, read my book, and eat my breakfast while sipping on my "free for the day" soy latte.

People here seem to be strangely friendly and nice. I LOVE it.


So last night was the school's Homecoming dance that I planned, which I'm glad to say turned out sooo well!!! Well I mean, not everything turned out the way I envisioned in my head. Of course there were the minor incidents through out the day like the police showing up at the school while I was decorating due to me not unsetting the alarm fast enough- and laughing at me when I told him I worked at the school..."really police officer, I'm 25!!!". And of course the entire wall of decorations (that took roughly an hour putting up that day) falling down 30 minutes prior to the dance. But that's what flexibility is for....you roll with the punches. Winter Formal and Prom...pshhh bring it on!! 

The theme was "Hollywood Knights". I decided to dress up as the classic Audrey...and of course I was the only one who really dressed up. However it was a great turn out, the kids danced the night away and just rocked it....which made the entire LONG day yesterday (it was literally a 6am-1am day) all worth it!! More pics to come.






2 comments:

  1. one word: obsessed.

    i said "rock the audrey" and you soooo did! proud of you, celine. (that was weird to say) and love that you're having a fab time in portland. man, i love genuinely nice people too...just makes your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm you are so freaking cute! I didnt know you moved to Portland! SF Reunion soon??

    love from San Francisco,
    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete