Saturday, August 27, 2011

My street

Of course I'd be living on this street ;)  No complaints.  I love the "small town" feel of it.  I love the artsy feel of it as well.  I love seeing all the hipters, families, and people who just LOVE expression on their skin.  I love seeing people walking with their dogs.  Lot's of dogs.  I love seeing people biking and jogging.  I love that I walk one mile down and pass numerous cafes/bars, a hip vegan joint, a coffee stand with the friendliest people, a sushi place, a thai place, a donut shop, a tattoo shop, a barber shop, a funky boutique, a consignment store with the most random but cool apparel, a bike shop, and our very own co-op health food grocery store.

So...if I walk down a few blocks on a last thursday of the month....I will run into "Last Thursday" which is what happened this past LAST thursday.  Tons of art, food carts, people selling the oddest things, people selling some really cool things, costumes galore, music at every corner,  dancing, interpretive dancing....and all in GOOD FUN.  It's one unique block party to say the least.  
Elsa, Brotha Joe and I 












Talk about bombalicious. Anything you can think of...turned into a griiiiilled cheeeese. YUM.
   
Conclusion...only on Alberta.
Yup, that's a shark headed woman dancing




No comments:

Post a Comment